
"The Snowman" is a picture book in which each page is divided into different frames which help tell a story. In my opinion, "The Snowman" is a great book for the holiday season for toddlers to 2nd grade. Why 2nd Grade might you ask? Considering this is purely a picture book, the educator can make his/her students actively engage and write down (in their own words) what is happening in the story. This gives children the opportunity to build literacy skills, while practicing writing mechanics and encouraging creativity. I absolutely love Briggs' use of wintry colors to help paint the pictures of a cool, soft winter. The use of the anthropomorphic snowman's constant curiosity with everything in the young boys house was quite amusing; although I don't think I agree with letting him drive a car... Anyways, this classic novel will always be one of my favorites - as it constantly reminds me of the beauty of winter and the warm, homely atmosphere of the holiday season.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment