
I thought the illustrations in this story were uniquely done. Throughout the entire story, both pages when flipped open created one single large landscape, which is cast in a shadow throughout the entire story. As the reader turns the pages, the babies go up and down shadowy hills - in perfect synchronization with the landscapes from the previous pages. The fact that this stories illustrations are constantly ongoing and in sync with the previous pages, may help keep children constantly engaged. I also enjoyed the contrast of the black shadows on the babies, and the beautiful gradients of the sky (most likely created digitally).
Aside from the illustrations, the text throughout the story is less emphasized. It is kept simple with short sentences, in that young children should be able to understand what is going on. The author also uses rhyming to help emphasize certain words in the story. Similar to many of the other books I have previously read, this story relies heavily on their illustrations to maintain the readers' attention - which is essential for children's books.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment