
As I stated before, Dr. Suess is one of my favorite Children's authors. Although he wrote many books concerning big issues, many of his books also help educate children by teaching them important values and concepts. "Green Eggs and Ham" is another excellent children's book, in that it has overwhelming illustrations, while his text stays concise and to-the-point, with perfect rhyming schemes. Aside from Suess' unique imagery, the story teaches children the importance of trying new things, even if they are skeptical.
Throughout the story the main character continuously refues to eat Sam-I-am's green eggs and ham, because they do not look tasteful. His friend constantly bugs him all throughout the novel, while the main character constantly turns his offerings down. Eventually, the main character tries them and realizes that he actually likes green eggs and ham. As I stated before, children may be encouraged to break down their stereotypes of whether they like/dislike certain things, and be more eager to try new things. Overall, this classic still seems to be popular amongst young children and their teachers.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment